Friday, August 3, 2007

be my lucky number seven


Today was the birthday of my eldest son and he has reached the grand old age of seven years old. It doesn't seem that long when I look back and I can clearly remember the night he was born. He arrived about 1.30am in a bit of a whirlwind. It was a quiet night in the hospital and not too many women went into labour that night. As such there was a surplus of student nurses and firemen who had to see a delivery in action as part of their training. Because of this my son had an audience of about a dozen people when he arrived. He didn't seem to get phased by it.

I left the hospital around 5am to go home and get some sleep. Because it was so late I didn't think it was appropriate to ring people with the good news, however I couldn't contain myself from telling the taxi driver who was bringing me home. He didn't seem too bothered.

I remember that he was pretty small (a lot smaller than now anyway!) and if I held his head in my hand he didn't even stretch down to my elbow. It's hard to believe that he's the same little fella.

Happy Birthday son.

No comments: