Thursday, August 30, 2007

the electric quick pick


Everyone's been going on about it for ages and now it's finally upon us. Well it's upon me anyway. And another 32,499 festival goers. I write of course of the Electric Picnic in Stradbally, Co Laois.

If you want a flavour of what's going on musically you'd be better off checking out Nialler9 and his tips for the three days. Apparently the going is good to soft at the track. Bjork gets the nod in the 8.15 whilst LCD Soundsystem is showing form in the 10.30 race.

If you want a copy of the line-up you can get it here. I just knew that someone somewhere would do a spreadsheet and post it on the interweb and how right I was. I was very self-congratulatory when I discovered it. There's a better one doing the rounds also but I'm fucked if i can remember what site I got it from.

If you want to get the journalistic angle on the gig you can check out Jim's blog for the latest and greatest news. Jim will be Caxton-like (or Guttenberg-like, it's a hot topic) over the weekend as he cranks up the printing press each evening in order to get the news out to the kids the following morning. I don't know how he does it.

As for myself. I plan to be wandering about causing divilment and mischief wherever I go. I have my shitty tent that looks about as waterproof as bad toilet roll. I have my airbed in the hope of achieving some kind of comfort in my shitty tent. I also have a sleeping bag that has been on practically every continent in the known world. It can surely handle Stradbally.

I think I'm heading down early afternoon tomorrow so I might try to get some paintballing in if I can. There's nothing better than running through the woods, sweating profusely and panting heavily except for doing it with a paintball gun in your hand.

Finally, hearty congratulations go out to Catherine and Justin on their birth of their new baby girl. Now if this were China or India well................ but that's another story I suppose. I knew that Catherine had gone into labour because Justin hadn't taken his turn in our online game of scrabble yesterday. Call it a man's instinct if you like.


Here's a taste of what's in store this weekend:







3 comments:

Justin Mason said...

that scrabble thing -- a dead giveaway alright!
The quality of my play may be going downhill as
the amount of sleep does likewise, though.

thanks for the kind words, and enjoy
the leccy... wish I could be going, but it'll
have to wait 'til next year I think.

mp3hugger said...

Ya lucky fecker, I'm stuck at a wedding while you're all cosy in your damp toilet roll. How'd it go?

Matt Vinyl said...

it was a good buzz. You can read all about it (well not all of it. only the stuff that you can write about without getting into trouble) above.