Thursday, January 24, 2008

ding dong

I was posting about a new 'comedy' series on Irish TV over at Clamnuts the other day. As a result I was reminded that there has been some funny stuff made for Irish TV over the years. One of them was 'Paths to Freedom' but I can't find any clips that feature Rats. I did find some clips for Ding Dong Denny O'Reilly that had been shown on RTE Two and a mate, The Knuckler, features as the fiddle playing Napper Tandy Jr but the real star is Paul Woodfull playing Ding Dong. Besides this I can't find any funny comedy that's been shown recently on Irish TV. I did find this old clip from Spike Milligan that harks back to an Ireland of old but it would have appeared on the BBC many years ago. It was obviously before everyone became politically correct.

No comments: