Sunday, June 24, 2007

funky monkeys and spotty children


I picked up a new seven inch by The Arctic Monkeys on some white vinyl. This white label single features two tracks that were omitted from the European version but featured on the Japanese version of their recent album Favourite Worst Nightmare. It's called Matador and has a tune called Da Frame 2R on the flip side. I didn't really enjoy their last single Brianstorm but these two tracks are rocking. Apparently its a limited pressing but I'm sure they just say that to make bigger saps than me buy it.

I also picked up the new seven inch by Kid Acne and I'm not sure how best to describe it. It's sounds like a cross between MC Pitman and Shaun Ryder and I mean that in the best possible way. It's a simple enough backing track by Req One with some pretty funny rhymes by Kid Acne laid down over it. It's available on Lex Records

1 comment:

mp3hugger said...

Speaking of Ryder, he is back together with his old mates (well Bez anyway) the HM's and there's a new album on the way (it has leaked, bit like Shaun I guess after a heavy one!).