Sunday, September 23, 2007

la clique, ces't chic!

I took a trip down to the Speigeltent last night to see another FringeFest show. Le Clique is somewhat of a mix between a circus and a burlesque show. I was going to review it but then I found this review which kind of says everything that I wanted to say. It appears that much the same show was performed last year in the Spiegeltent in New York. There were some minor differences between the two shows. The review makes no mention of the lady who arrived on stage with nothing on except for a few strings of pearls and flailed wildly to Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'. It was pretty crap and it went on for the whole song. It stole 5 and a half minutes of my life that I'll never get back. The only other difference between the shows was an appearance by Irish entertainer, Kenneth Fall, from the Tumble Circus. He was highly entertaining and he kept his clothes on. There were however two standout highlights, Yulia Pikhtina and her hula hoop act and Captain Frodo, the genial contortionist. Here's Captain Frodo doing his thing at a Just for Laughs show in Montreal.

No comments: